If you are an online marketer, chances are that you have come across the term “CRM” more often than not. So, what basically is CRM? Simply defined, it is a software that deals in Customer Relationship Management, but that’s too far-fetched to be a conclusive definition. A typical CRM does a lot more than just managing customer relationship for a business. Here are a few of the many uses of an Online Sales CRM software from CFCS -
- Customer and Contact person management
- Sales Enquiry Management
- Sales Enquiry follow-up update and reminder
- Lead Generation and follow-up management
- Project Auto archival on defined days
- Next month forecast for Purchase Order
- Product Campaigning
- Product Principal Management
- Competitor Tracking, and more.
CFCS’s e-sales CRM software not only encompasses customer relationship management but also controlshow the same is handled, including the most important elements that make the program a successful one. There are different types of CRM software in the market today – a simple one that offers features like customer tracking and live chat capabilities, or something more complex that integrates all of the customer relationship data of all clients or forecasts purchase orders for the future. A little research is therefore the need of the hour while choosing the right e-sales CRM software, because every company has different needs and a one-size-fits-all CRM software is yet to exist.
Having said that, picking the right sales CRM software services could be a tad bit confusing, especially for a newbie entrepreneur who is yet to learn all the ABCs of the trade. There are however a few aspects that every businessman need to consider while purchasing e-sales CRM software, which are as follows:
- If your CRM software covers the most important aspects of customer relations that you are looking to address
- If your CRM software is designed to integrate seamlessly with all platforms currently being used at your business
- If your CRM software has been designed to sustain the size of your company and has handled the same size before. A low capacity CRM software won’t be able to handle the volume of data and will end up crashing or developing glitches.